Senior Outreach Services
The ACCAP Senior Outreach program is the result of a growing need in assisting isolated older adults living in Anoka County. It is part of ACCAP’s goal to assist lower-income residents of Anoka County in not only aging well, but aging well in their homes. Family members, neighbors, clergy, senior center leadership, county personnel, as well as the clients themselves, may call with concerns and request a visit by an Outreach Worker. Once a referral is received, Outreach Workers will meet the client in their homes or at ACCAP offices for an initial meeting. They will utilize person-centered approaches to identify needs, assess services already in place and discuss appropriate programs available to the client.
Who is Eligible for Outreach Services?
- Must be 60 years of age or older
- Must be a resident of Anoka County
- A special focus is placed on identifying individuals for services who are considered low-income, though services are available to any older adult of Anoka County
- Must not be hospitalized or residing in a facility (assisted living, rehabilitation, etc.)
What Services Are Provided By Outreach?
- Refers and connects clients to supportive services including (but not limited to) Meals On Wheels, congregate dining, food shelves, public health nursing, economic assistance, senior clubs, energy assistance, chore services, budget specialists or other needed community resources
- Assists client in completing applications for referred programs
- Assists clients in re-certifications for programs such as Medical Assistance, SNAP (food stamp support), TAP, etc.
If you or someone you know is interested in Outreach Services, please contact our Senior Outreach Workers at the following number:
Outreach Message Line: (763) 783-4741