Are You Eligible?
Eligibility is generally based on family income at or below the poverty level according to the Poverty Guidelines published by the federal government. A family may also be eligible due to homelessness, disability or foster care/relative care.
To request an application call 763-783-4314 or download below.
Download Head Start-Early Head Start Application below, application can be submitted through email by following these steps.
- Open desired application in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
- Fill in application
- When completed, download/save the form onto your computer
- Attach it to an email and send it to email@example.com
Applications can also be printed out and physically sent via fax and mail to:
- Fax: 763-783-4333
- Mail: 9574 Foley Blvd, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Applications can also be dropped off in the locked drop-off box outside the entrances at the Family Development Center. The Family Development Center is located at 9574 Foley Blvd, Coon Rapids, MN 55433.
Call our Enrollment Hotline: 763-783-4314
If you are needing an application in a different language other than English, Spanish or Arabic, please call our Enrollment Hotline.
Please include 12 months proof(s) of income:
o Public Assistance – Provide 12 months of CASH benefits (MFIP/DWP)
o Foster Care/Kinship/Relative Care – Provide placement letter or other documentation as requested
o Supplemental Security Income (SSI) – Provide award letter
o Homeless – Provide 3rd party verification
Per the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, the term “homeless children and youth” –
- means individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence…; and
- includes –
- children and youths who are sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason; are living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camping grounds due to the lack of alternative accommodations; are living in emergency or transitional shelters; are abandoned in hospitals; or are awaiting foster care placement;
- children and youths who have a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings…
- children and youths who are living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings; and
- migratory children who qualify as homeless for the purposes of this subtitle because the children are living in circumstances described in clauses (i) through (iii).
o Income Tax Return or W2 – Provide a copy of the most recent year (all W2s from the previous year)
o Pay Stubs – Provide the last 12 months
o Unemployment – Provide the last 12 months of Unemployment benefits
- Please send a detailed weekly payment printout instead of your 1099-G if possible
o Child Support/Alimony– Provide the last 12 months of payments from all sources
o Social Security/Pension/Veteran’s Benefits/Disability – Provide 12 months of payments
o Self-Employment – Provide 12 months of documentation
o No Financial Resources – Provide a personal, written letter that is signed and dated from each adult who is supporting the applicant, stating they have no income & explain how the family is being supported
*If applying for the Early Head Start Child Care Partnership program, please also include a copy of your most recent Child Care Assistance letter of decision or Pathways 1 Scholarship.
The application process can take up to 4 weeks after all necessary documents are received and an interview with the parent/guardian has been completed. Completing an application does not guarantee placement in the program. Once your application is processed, you will receive a letter notifying you of your eligibility.
Thank you for applying.