Is My Child Eligible?
To qualify for a Pathway I Early Learning Scholarship, you must be the parent, legal guardian or agency worker of the child(ren) and your family must meet the following requirements.
- You must have a Minnesota home address in order to be eligible for scholarships.
- You must provide proof that your child currently participates in at least one of the following programs:
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
- Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Program (FRLP)
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Food Support (SNAP)
- Head Start
- Foster Care
To qualify for an Early Learning Scholarship, a family’s income must be equal to or less than 185% of the federal poverty level in the current calendar year. The chart below based on FY2020 poverty guidelines published in the Federal Register on January 31, 2020.
Family Size Gross Income
For family units of more than eight members, add $8,399 for each additional member.
*See Family Size of 9 as an example.